Shoes of Prey is a global online retail brand that allows women (including Prime Ministers!) to design their own shoes which we hand-make and deliver to them. We’re changing the way women shop for shoes and we’re on track to become a significant international, multi-channel retailer within the next 5 years.
We’re looking for an User Experience (UX) Design Intern to join our growing team in our Sydney Office on a project-based (paid) or part-time basis (initially unpaid).
Four key objectives you’ll have achieved after 12 months in this role:
- designed mobile platforms for Android and iOS
- analysed our website and re-engineered how things should work, look and feel
- assisted our art team with the creation of graphic content for the website, marketing campaigns, and print materials
- aptitude: You’re fast, passionate about what you do, and sprout wireframes out your ears.
- life: You draw inspiration from what makes the world interesting and what you know makes people tick.
- discerning Eyes: You’re quick to pick out unnecessary features on a website or mobile app and keep designs simple and clean.
- empathy: You have good research skills, the ability to feel what our customers feel and can clearly communicate your ideas to the rest of the team.
- Confident with Adobe Creative Suite
Additional skills or experience we’d love:
- completing/completed a university degree
- one or more years experience working in an interaction design or experience architect capacity
- Ability to create wireframes, prototypes, analyse customer personas and perform user-testing
- experience working with creative teams and/or software engineers
We are looking for interns for paid, project-based roles as well as unpaid, part-time roles. As with all roles at Shoes of Prey, lunch + snacks + shoes are of course included! The role will be based in our Surry Hills office and will report to the current product manager, Todd Osborne. To apply for the position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s an idea: try re-designing our homepage and send it to us. Alternatively, if you refer the person we end up hiring, we’ll send you a Shoes of Prey Gift Certificate! Come in for a chat, you might be just the person we’ve been looking for.