You’ll be testing, executing and measuring campaigns including AdWords, Facebook, display, SEO, affiliate advertising, cross promotions, partnerships, email marketing and potentially more traditional channels like print, radio and TV with the goal of acquiring customers for Sneaking Duck at scale and within our CPAs. Your key goal will be to test and find successful channels, then use them to acquire as many customers as possible.
This is your chance for a job with no limit - in a small and friendly team you’ll have every opportunity to see how a company is built from the ground up. Prove yourself, and opportunities will come as the company grows. You need to be happy with variety, comfortable with a bit of chaos and ready for the excitement of joining a start-up.
Sneaking Duck is a new eyewear brand and a new prescription glasses online retailer. We’re an internet start-up that’s been growing fast whilst having fun since our launch last October. We love cool glasses and we love having a pair for every mood. We’re tired of one mega-expensive pair bought only because the last pair died.
Our offices are in Surry Hills and our work environment is relaxed - pets welcome.
Tasks and responsibilities
To be killing it in this role, here’s what will be your key achievements after 12 months:
1. You’ve helped build the Sneaking Duck team, culture and workplace into somewhere where success and having fun are the the norms.
2. You’ve increased traffic to our site by 5-10 times. The traffic is high quality - converting at the right rate to meet our CPA limits.
3. You haven’t just done the job, you’ve created the job. After 12 months, we will no longer be adhoc in our marketing as you’ll have built a marketing allocation model and a strategy to drive the next 5-10 times increase in quality site traffic.
4. You’re Sneaking Duck’s marketing analytical genius - everyone comes to you with marketing questions. You’ve studied our successes and our failures. You know every metric and every detail. You always have excellent insight as to the marketing impact of proposed business activities.
Our ideal candidate will have no problem demonstrating previous similar success.
- Self motivated and hungry to learn in a dynamic, fun & friendly, occasionally chaotic, start-up
- Passion for online marketing. You love online marketing - for you, it’s a game. You find increasing sales, traffic and conversions exciting. You read and soak up everything about marketing, always bringing the best learnings to your work.
- Success in online marketing. You’ve led online marketing initiatives that have directly driven significant growth. (You’ll need to provide a line-manager reference check at the end of the hiring process.)
- Tenacity and scrappiness. You’re make things work with limited resources. If things don’t go as planned and targets are missed, you’ll go to the ends of the earth iterating, pivoting and doing what it takes to win.
- Analytical. You’re a numbers person. Geek even. From high school to uni you’ve got top grades in analytic subjects. (More important than a marketing degree!)
- Communicator and team player. As well as the numbers, you know how to communicate succinctly, clearly and effectively. People enjoy working with you.
The total salary package for this role will be $60k-$80k including bonuses and super. As with all roles at Sneaking Duck, lunch + snacks + glasses are included.
We’re excited to build a world class online retail marketing team and you’ll be the first person in it. If have what it takes then email your resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're also hiring for a very similar role at Shoes of Prey. You're welcome to apply for both roles if you're interested in both brands. Please review the Shoes of Prey job description and apply separately here.
* Recognised by 2012 AMP Retail Awards as New Retailer and Innovation in Retail. Recognised at the 2012 Online Retail Industry Awards for Innovation in Retail and Customer Service.
Update: We've hired for this role.