Shoes of Prey is growing rapidly and as we expand we’re looking to hire someone to work in the combined role of Office Manager/Executive Assistant to the Founders, who can help make the founders more effective and the office an exciting, fun place to work.
Executive Assistant to the Founders Responsibilities
- Make the founders, Mike, Jodie and Michael more effective
- Review and respond to emails where appropriate in Michael and Jodie’s inbox:
- Actioning all administrative tasks
- Reviewing and responding to partnership opportunities
- Reviewing, responding to and organising speaking events
- Manage Michael and Jodie’s calendars.
- Organising travel for Mike, Jodie and Michael.
- Represent the founders in internal and external communications with a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Managing the process of advertising, interviewing, selecting and onboarding new hires.
- Schedule board meetings and prepare board package and support materials.
- Maintain files, contracts and secure confidential information.
- Support other members of the Shoes of Prey team when required
- Assisting the customer wonderperson team during busy periods.
- Entering expenses
- Paying suppliers
- Completing quarterly business activity statements
Office Manager Responsibilities
- Make the office a fun and effective place to work
- Managing the layout, day to day organisation and cleanliness of the office:
- Ordering, collecting and ensuring everything is cleaned up after lunch each day
- Managing the stock of snacks, drinks and stationary in the office
- Managing our returned shoe process
- Managing communications within the office
- Plan and execute company events, team outings, holiday parties, and other fun activities.
What we’re looking for:
- You are exceptionally well organised, honest, and reliable.
- You’re great with people and have a passionate, positive energy.
- You’re professional both in appearance and demeanor, friendly, outgoing, and personable.
- Solid experience as an Executive Assistant, we’ve never had one so we’re keen to learn from you! Ideally 1-2+ years.
- You’re able to use a methodical approach to getting stuff done, but also to think creatively. Startup experience would be helpful.
- You’re tech savvy. Fluency in Google applications a plus (gmail, google calendar, google docs and the entire google apps suite).
- A willingness to identify projects, dive in head first with minimal supervision, and see them through to completion with strong attention to detail.
The role will report into Michael Fox and is based in Sydney. To apply please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please help us spread the word. We'd love for you to tweet or post this link to Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+ (buttons below) and if you know of someone who the role would suit we'd love you to pass this post on to them. Thanks!
20 July 2012 Update: We've hired for this role. :)