Sneaking Duck is a new online optical dispenser and a new eyewear brand. We’re an internet start-up that’s growing fast whilst having fun. We love cool glasses and we love having a pair for every mood. We’re tired of one mega-expensive pair bought only because the last pair died.
We launched our website in October 2011 and have been growing ever since. Our site allows people to browse frames, try them on ‘virtually’ by uploading a photo and then purchase by entering their prescription. We deliver frames in just a few days and offer a generous refunds policy. Delighting our customers is key to us - we send out frames for people to try-at-home, and contact optometrists to get prescriptions on their behalf.
Our offices are located in Surry Hills and our work environment is relaxed and informal (pets welcome), but very much focussed on delivering the best possible service and product.
Attributes, qualifications and experience
- Self motivated - both in your core role, and to make our company better
- A desire to thrive in a fast-moving, fun, occasionally chaotic, go-get but friendly start-up
- High attention to detail - every order needs to be double-checked and accurate
- A passion for going the extra mile with customers - no matter the issue raised, you need to love building a rapport and delivering a solution - whether it be a technical query, styling dilemma or complaint our customers deserve prompt, warm and knowledgeable service
- Computer literate with email, documents, spreadsheets and CRM
- Experience working as an optical dispenser a bonus, but not required - fitting lenses, guiding on lens choice, style advice, problem solving customer issues.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Managing customer orders, liaising with our optical laboratory to get glasses shipped accurately & promptly
- Quality control, packaging and dispatching frames to customers
- Contacting customers to obtain credit card details and manage their try at home deliveries
- Contacting optometrists to obtain prescriptions on behalf of customers
- Responding promptly to customer emails, calls and IMs in a super-friendly, enthusiastic, warm and knowledgeable manner. Going the extra mile on this aspect is the top priority.
- Managing complaints, returns and refunds
- Stock management of frames, cases, cloths, packaging and all parts of our operations
- Day-to-day relationship management of suppliers
Full time position based in office in Surry Hills, flexible working arrangements possible. Competitive salary.