Sneaking Duck is a new online optical dispenser and a new brand in eyewear. We’re an internet start-up looking to grow fast and have fun doing it. We love cool glasses and we love having a pair for every mood. We’re tired of one mega-expensive pair bought only because the last pair died.
We are about to launch a website where customers can browse and chose frames, upload a prescription and have their frames land on the doorstep a few days later. We’re looking for a qualified optical dispenser who loves people and who wants to live the start up journey with us. Our centrally located office is action driven, but casual and fun.
Attributes, qualifications and experience
- A passion for going the extra mile with customers. No matter the issue raised, you need to love building a rapport and delivering a solution - whether it be a technical query, styling dilemma or complaint our customers deserve prompt, warm and knowledgeable service
- Certificate IV in Optical Dispensing required (or equivalent)
- Experience working in an optical dispensers - fitting lenses, guiding on lens choice, style advice, problem solving customer issues
- A desire to thrive in a fast-moving, fun, occasionally chaotic, go-get but friendly start-up environment
- Computer literate
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Responding promptly to customer emails, calls and instant-messages in a super-friendly, enthusiastic, warm and knowledgeable manner. Going the extra mile on this aspect is the top priority.
- Advising customers on technical queries about lens and frame choice
- Answering any questions about our services, policies, terms and conditions
- Managing complaints, returns and refunds
- Anything else that customers need
- Lens fitting and quality control of glasses
- Packaging and dispatch of frames to customers
- Inspection and diagnosis of issues with returns
- Management of frame stock
- Day-to-day management of suppliers (e.g. lenses, frames)
Full time position
Office in Surry Hills