- Catching up with Vanessa and Qun!
- Multiple meetings with shoe suppliers
- Meeting with DHL
- Product development including work on vegan shoes, sandals, boots & new leathers
- Working with Vanessa and Qun to systemise more of their processes, like photography, shipping and packing and the notes we send to customers
- We're also heading up to Shanghai for 4 days to catch up with our friend Andy Miller
A key part of the meetings with our shoe suppliers will be planning out our growth over the next 3-5 years. Initially we'd only planned out our sales and growth for the first 12 months. We wanted to focus on proving the business model rather than getting too far ahead of ourselves and thinking 3-5 years out. In some ways that focus was good, but in others it was arguably a mistake because we're hitting the maximum production capabilities of our two existing suppliers, we hadn't given them enough warning about our post 12 month growth.
Fortunately it looks like they'll shortly be able to ramp up their production for us so we want to work more closely with them to ensure they're able and happy to grow with us for the next 3-5 years, and to work with them on how we can systemise our processes to help reduce theirs and our costs and improve on their already very good quality.
It's looking like it will be a fun and productive trip!