We've been really pleased with Shoes of Prey's growth in the last 7 months and there's so much happening we need some help, so we're hiring our second full time and first Australia based employee.
Here's a job description:
Salary: $30k - $50k (based on experience) + bonuses and shoes.
Location: Our office in Woolloomoolloo, Sydney.
You'll be working in a startup so your job is going to be mixed and varied. You'll take charge of our customer support and will be responsible for ensuring our customers are the happiest in the land. Working in a startup so many different activities crop up all the time so we'd love your help with lots of those things, like social media marketing, video posts on the Shoes of Prey YouTube channel, PR and events and even business posts on this blog. And if you have ideas on how we can improve Shoes of Prey and you'd like to work on those, we're all ears.
We're quite flexible with how we work and you can be too. Some days we'll all work from the office together, other days we work from home. As long as customers love us and the work gets done we don't mind when and where you work.
The opportunities for career and personal growth within the business are yours for the taking. We have big plans for Shoes of Prey and if the business continues on the path we have planned there will be opportunities to take on all sorts of different tasks within the business such as developing systems and processes, training, mentoring and managing new employees and helping with marketing and business development opportunities. If any of this is of interest to you and you're good at it we'd love you to do it.
Some of the key day to day activities:
- Engaging with our customers over email in the most friendly, fun and supportive ways possible.
- Doing the same with our customers on website chat.
- Reviewing customer orders and sending these to the workshops.
- Working with Vanessa to track and manage our orders.
- Helping develop and document our systems and processes.
- Assisting with book keeping which Michael is hopeless at.
- Helping out with the organisation of events like the Bondi Markets and Sydney Fashion Weekend.
- We may get excited and experiment with a phone number for customers to call us on.
- A passion for fashion and women's shoes
- A love of providing amazing customer service
- A fun, people loving personality
- A love of constant change and the fast paced mayhem of working in a startup
- Perfect grammar, spelling and email communication skills
- Attention to detail
Additional skills we'd love but we're happy to teach:
- Experience in fashion or online retail.
- Social media - using Facebook, Twitter and YouTube to engage with our customers.
- Online marketing, Google Analytics, Google AdWords etc.
- Book keeping
To apply please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com We're advertising a little earlier than we actually need someone, so we're not in a rush and plan to take our time to find the right person, but if the right person comes along tomorrow, they're hired! Please help us spread the word. We'd love for you to tweet or post this link to Facebook and if you know of someone who suits we'd love you to pass this post on to them. Thanks!
Update: A Shoes of Prey gift certificate is on offer for the person who refers the person we hire!
Update: We've filled the position!