Doing a startup means we like to read about other startups. Here's a list of startup related blogs we read:
- Start Up Blog - by Steve Sammartino. Steve is the founder of Rentoid (a very cool business model) and he lectures in Marketing at Melbourne University. One of my favourite blog posts ever comes from this blog, about how a banana comes in near perfect packaging.
- Springwise - Very inspirational. This blog focuses on new, innovative business concepts from around the world. One of our favourites.
- Signal vs. Noise - by the team at 37signals. These guys build web based software for small businesses. Their blog gets a bit techy (Mike likes these posts) but it's also good for general startup tips.
- Seth's Blog - by Seth Godin. In addition to a very thought provoking blog, Seth has written some great books which have inspired us to give the startup gig a go.
- Ross Hill - by Ross Hill. Ross works at Deloitte and is involved in Melbourne's thriving startup scene. He posts a little less frequently than others which I don't mind because when he posts it's good.
- TechCrunch - You can't go past TechCrunch for information and inspiration about tech related startups.
- TechNation Australia - by Kim Herras - a smaller, Australian version of TechCrunch. Great for keeping up with tech startup news from Australia.
- New Rules for the New Economy - by Kevin Kelly. The blog entries actually come from a book Kevin wrote in 1998 with the same title as his blog. Although the book is 10 years old the posts are still very relevant and interesting.
- Come Together - by Scott Drummond. While not strictly a startup blog, we read this one for Scott's thoughts on online communities. His Philosofriday concept is a cool one.
We use Google Reader to subscribe to and read the blogs above.
What startup related blogs do you follow?